3CX’s new v16 software update brings new and enhanced security features to your PBX. Read below for a teaser on the new security features that are coming soon.
NEW v16 SECURITY ENHANCEMENTS
- Significant performance and security update with built-in support for HTTPS/2 in the Nginx web server
- Option to auto-update blacklist entries daily from an online list managed by 3CX.
- IP blacklist Export & Import functions enables you to export all your blacklist entries and import them on another PBX to sync.
- New option to restrict access to 3CX Management Console to a specified list of IPs through new Restrictions tab.
- Extended Management Console function to provide flexibility to choose the password/PIN to reset.
- To enhance security and prevent service exploits, 3CX v16 does not send the user agent by default, unless SIP communication is authenticated.
- Updated checks and warning notifications for weak extension security level.
- Latest Postgres DB version – robust performance on a solid database engine.
- OpenSSL to 1.0.2o – latest security-fix release.
- Built using VS2017 compilers – keep the 3CX codebase modern and portable.
- .NET Core framework update – improved performance and security
- GCC 6 – code optimization & security improvements
- Debian 8 EOL (End of Life) – recommended upgrade via our Debian 9 “Stretch” ISO to improve performance, security and benefit from v16 features.
Want more details on v16 security? Click here to read more about 3CX v16 security measures.
ACC Telecom is an authorized Platinum 3CX provider in Columbia, MD. Since 1979, ACC Telecom has been at the forefront of business communications solutions including business phone systems, IP paging, IP surveillance camera systems, mobility applications, conference room buildouts and services, SMB video conferencing endpoints, Mass Notification Systems, SIP Trunks & Voice over IP (VoIP), Cloud solutions and so much more. Contact ACC Telecom today for your complimentary account review to see how you can take your business to the next level of communications.