A+ for 3CX Security
3CX v18 brings additional security updates and enhancements and focuses on remote worker reliability.
3CX Security Updates:
- Latest version of Debian Linux 10
- Latest Libraries & Technologies
- Latest Nginx, OpenSSL support
- Latest Ciphers for TLS
- Out-of-the-box, easy config SRTP support
- A+ Security Status (SSL Labs) & Immunilabs A status
- iOS & Android apps are fully up-to-date using latest Apple & Google technology
- Latest PUSH in server & web clients
Integrated Media Server Tunnel:
- Faster & more reliable reconnection for Apps & Session Border Controls (SBCs)
- Calls are no longer disconnected when network changes or drops
- Removed unnecessary SIP mappings
- Saves local ports & CPU processing
- 50%+ reduction on memory & processor usage
Codec Management Improvements:
- Enhanced Default Codecs for Apps & Webclient
- Wifi- Apps use G711
- Mobile Data Network- Apps use G729
- Ability to set system wide default codec for apps
Voice Engine Improvements:
- Latest SIP Library for compatibility & security
- Easy to configure SRTP
- IPv6 Support for Apps & Console
More Privacy with 3CX Video Conferencing:
- Video meeting data will no longer be synchronized to the 3CX Cloud service in order to facilitate meetings.
- Meetings now run under the same FQDN as the customers; Web Clients or Management Console so meeting data is now stored on the client’s 3CX.
How to Upgrade to v18
To upgrade to v18, please contact your ACC Account Manager or ACC Support to schedule your software update. ACC Telecom customers with active support packages will automatically be upgraded to v18 in the coming weeks.
ACC Telecom is a Titanium-level, advanced certified 3CX dealer and SIP Trunk provider serving clients throughout the United States. Contact ACC Telecom for all of your 3CX needs.