Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
MPLS is a technique for carrying data from one network node to the next by using short path labels rather than long network addresses, avoiding complex lookups in a routing table. MPLS is less complex, more secure, and operates at a lower capital investment compared to traditional Frame Relay and ATM.
Benefits of MPLS with VoIP Services
MPLS provides advanced bandwidth connectivity directly to data centers and the Internet to allow for interruption-free VoIP (voice) network performance– that is oh-so-important for Cloud phone systems and VoIP services deployments. Instead of running your SIP Trunks / VoIP service over the public Internet, MPLS provides a dedicated, private circuit that connects you directly to your carrier. MPLS with QoS (Quality of Service) enables prioritization of business critical voice and promotes consistent and stable voice network performance.
Other benefits include:
- Dedicated circuits connecting you directly to your Service Provider
- Private connectivity to deliver the highest quality VoIP services
- Secure circuits
- Reliable connections that deliver consistency
- Scalable bandwidth from 1.5Mbps to 1Gbp
Ideal VoIP Users of MPLS
MPLS is ideal for businesses that need a high-performance connection or stricter QoS requirements. Customer profiles that tend to benefit the most from MPLS include:
- Large businesses with higher performance requirements
- Businesses with extremely high call volumes
- Businesses in specific vertical markets such as healthcare and finance that must meet strict compliance and security protocols.
If you are looking for a private, secure, flexible, reliable, highly scalable and cost effective internet solution, then we recommend considering MPLS. Contact ACC Telecom for more information on MPLS.