As some organizations begin to place workers back into physical office spaces, many have chosen to keep a percentage of their workforce offsite in a remote working environment. Hybrid working models appear to be gaining in popularity mostly because of the unknowns surrounding the future of the pandemic, but also because statistics show that remote working has gains in productivity, engagement, and collaboration.
5 Key Stats That Show Hybrid Workforces Are Here to Stay
- Remote Workers engagement levels (@ 32%) are higher compared to on-site office workers (@ 28%). –Gallup State of the American Workplace report
- This research also states that remote employees communicate more regularly with online teammates and feel a greater sense of belonging. The report recommends establishing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to unify hybrid teams.
- Even before the pandemic, remote workers are 13% more likely to stay in their positions for five years compared to on-site office workers. -Owl Labs’ 2019 State of Remote Work report
- Despite disruptions caused by the pandemic, 75% of employees were able to maintain or improve their productivity while collaborating virtually with colleagues. –Boston Consulting Group survey
- The Upwork business marketplace estimates that 22% (36.2 million Americans) will work remotely by 2025, and currently 26% of the American workforce will continue to work remotely through 2021.
Why Hybrid Workforces Need Cloud-based Collaboration
The continuing demand for hybrid workforce models presents unique opportunities for businesses to grow with virtual and IoT technology. 2020 certainly propelled many businesses into utilizing Voice over IP and video conferencing technology, where previously this technology was thought as a “nice to have” not necessarily a “need” for many SMBs.
Hybrid workforce models will continue to push businesses to move toward utilizing unified communications features such as internal persistent chat, video meetings, and virtual spaces. Companies should start investing in collaboration solutions that can support on-site, remote, mobile and at-home workers with a unified approach to communications and collaboration.
Offering an easy-to-use, all-in-one solution that provides the ability to connect with coworkers anywhere, any time, on any device, is what companies should strive for to remain at a competitive advantage.
Long gone are the high costs associated with phone system equipment. Now, companies can get telephony, chat, messaging, security, video, meetings, collaboration spaces and more in one solution that offers budget-friendly monthly or annual billing.
If you are interested in learning more about cloud-based collaboration technology and hybrid working features, please visit our website.