What is Unified Communications?
Cloud phone systems offer voice, video, messaging, data, web chat, email, security & more under one system.
What Is Unified Communications (UC) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS)?
Unified Communications (UC) combines voice, data, video, wireless and security capabilities while integrating with desktop applications such as e-mail, vFax, chat/instant Messaging (IM), calendar, SMS text messaging, and CRM programs. Most businesses already use office desktop phones, cell phones, voicemail, e-mail, video conferencing, IM, presence, etc. independently, in a non-unified approach- causing a loss of productivity and inefficiency.
Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) provides one solution for all of your communications needs as described above but is billed via a service charge, either monthly or annually.
Unified communications enable the above communication approaches to work together to increase productivity, efficiency, improve customer service, reduce costs and increase profits. Unified communications are available with our cloud phone systems.
How Can UC Help My Business?
Combining voice, video, data, and mobility guarantees a cost-effective and productive approach to communicating. The following unified communication features can also be combined into one integrated solution for use on mobile devices.
POPULAR UC FEATURES:
- Call Recording- Record calls directly from your smartphone, laptop or tablet using our 3CX mobile PBX client. All recordings are saved with the client and can be played or deleted at any time.
- Unified Messaging (UM)- Standard unified messaging delivers faxes and voicemail messages directly to your e-mail account. Web-based unified messaging adds mobility, allowing users to access e-mails, voicemails, chat, SMS messages, and faxes from any internet browser without having to access an e-mail account.
- Presence and Instant Messaging- this feature allows users to see their coworker’s telephone availability status (i.e.- DND, lunch, etc.), and calendar status using Outlook Integration or by downloading the mobile app client. Simply click on a person’s name to call or send an instant message.
- Business Mobility Applications– Offers collaboration, unified communications and full desk phone capabilities on mobile devices.
- Desktop Call Control– Control phone calls directly from a computer using only a mouse. Dial, answer, transfer calls without ever picking up a telephone handset. Also known as a softphone or web client.
- Video Conferencing and Web Collaboration– Reduce travel costs by unifying your meetings using collaboration solutions such as video conferencing, video calling, desktop application sharing, file transfers, and text messaging capabilities.
- Personal Call Handling– Personalize your incoming calls by combining the features of schedule-based and caller-based routing. Includes call screening and the ability to transfer a call back to the office from a cell phone.
- Fixed Mobile Convergence– Our cloud phone system mobile apps allow users to make and answer calls from virtually anywhere. The user’s smartphone functions as their office extension while in or out of the office.
- Virtual Faxing (vFax)– Send and receive faxes via email or online portal.
- Visual Voicemail with Presence & Transcription- One-touch button to access office voicemail messages with the ability to read transcribed voice mails, call back, forward or delete messages. Indicates caller presence status such as available, busy, offline, etc.
- Remote Connection and Mobility– Unify all of your employees as if they were working under the same roof. Mobile and remote users will have the same secure telecommunications capability as onsite office workers.
- Contact Center & Call Center Features– enables ACD Agents & Supervisors to log-in to the ACD and utilize Contact Center Features from any mobile device. Available features include IVR, live web chat, SMS ACD, Broadcast, Email ACD, and more.
- CRM Integration– Provide your answering personnel with customer account screen-pops, journaling, auto-ticket creation and more by integrating your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program with incoming calls.
Unified Communications solutions are available for any size or type of business. Please contact us for inclusive cloud phone system solutions or individual unified communications features and applications.